When most people think of tangled characters, they think of the animated film with the same name. However, there are many more tangled characters in the world than just those created by Disney. In fact, these 30 tangled characters are some of the most confusing and mysterious beings ever put to paper or screen.
You may also like: Timon the Lion King Animals: Character Analysis
Tangled is a 2010 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy-comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film tells the story of Rapunzel, who is discovered living in a tower after being taken from her parents as a baby. When the kingdom’s crown prince, Flynn Rider, visits Rapunzel, she convinces him to take her on an adventure to see the floating lights that she has seen every year on her birthday. The two are soon joined by Rapunzel’s chameleon sidekick, Pascal, and Flynn’s horse, Maximus. The group is pursued by Rapunzel’s mother Gothel, who wants to permanently keep Rapunzel in the tower so she can be young and beautiful forever.
You may also like: The Lion King Characters in Real Life 2022
There are some interesting and little-known facts about the characters in Disney’s Tangled that you may not know. Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Mother Gothel, and the other characters are fascinating and complex, with rich histories and motivations.
- Flynn Rider
- Mother Gothel
- Stabbington Brothers
- Captain of the Guards
- King Frederic
- Queen Arianna
- Zhan Tiri
- Rapunzel is the main character of Disney’s 2010 animated feature film Tangled. She is the Corona kingdom’s princess, and she is noted for her beautiful, magical, golden hair.
- Rapunzel was originally going to be voiced by Broadway star Mandy Moore. However, when Moore became pregnant during production, she was replaced by actress and singer Ashley Tisdale.
- Mother Gothel is the main villain in Disney’s animated feature film Tangled, which was published in 2010.
- Tisdale recorded her lines in just two days.
- Rapunzel’s parents, King Frederic and Queen Arianna of Corona were expecting their first child eighteen years before the events of Tangled.
- Eugene Fitzherbert (better known as Flynn Rider) is the deuteragonist in Disney’s animated feature picture Tangled, which was released in 2010. Flynn, a swashbuckler noted for his charm and quick wit, became well-known as an infamous thief. However, after years of travel and pillage, he had a change of heart after falling in love with Rapunzel, the lost princess of Corona.
- Pascal features in Disney’s 2010 animated feature picture Tangled. He is Rapunzel’s pet chameleon, capable of changing colors for both camouflage and expressiveness.
- In the original fairy tale, Rapunzel’s hair is cut off by the prince so that he can get down the tower. In the film, Flynn Rider cuts off her hair to free her from Mother Gothel’s clutches.
- Rapunzel was originally going to be voiced by Mandy Moore, but she had to pull out due to scheduling conflicts. Broadway star Ashley Tisdale was then cast in the role.
- Mandy Moore also auditioned for the role of Rapunzel’s mother, Gothel.
- Mother Gothel is based on the wicked stepmother from ” Cinderella .”
- The name “Rapunzel” is derived from the German word “raupen” which means “to gather”
- Rapunzel was not actually born with long hair. It was only after she was taken by Gothel and locked away in the tower that her hair began to grow rapidly.
- The magical flower that Rapunzel eats is called a “lungwort”. It is a type of lichen that is found in Europe and North America.
- Rapunzel is based on the fairy tale “Rapunzel” by the Brothers Grimm
- Maximus is a character in the movie in Disney’s animated feature film Tangled, which was released in 2010. He is the captain of Corona’s Royal Guard’s palace horse.
- Rapunzel was originally going to be voiced by Mandy Moore, but she had to pull out due to a scheduling conflict and was replaced by Kristen Bell.
- Flynn Rider is based on the character Eugene Fitzherbert from the original fairy tale.
- Mother Gothel was originally going to be voiced by Glenn Close, but she had to pull out due to a scheduling conflict and was replaced by Donna Murphy.
- Rapunzel was originally going to be called Rapunzelina.
- Rapunzel was based on the character of Rosalind in Shakespeare’s As You Like It.
- The Stabbington Brothers (nicknamed Sideburns and Patchy) are the secondary antagonists in Disney’s 2010 animated feature picture, The Jungle Book.
- Pascal was originally going to be a snake, but they changed him to a lizard because it would be easier to animate him.
- Eugene was going to be called Flynn Rider throughout development, but the filmmakers eventually decided on Eugene Fitzherbert because it sounded more like a prince’s name.
- The animators based Rapunzel’s design on a real-life woman named Claire Keane.
- The directors originally wanted to cast Mandy Moore in the role of Rapunzel, but she wasn’t available at the time. They then offered the part to Reese Witherspoon, but she turned it down.
- A couple notable actresses were in the mix early on
- Zachary Levi changed the role of Flynn
- The voice actors didn’t really work together
- The Captain of the Guards appears in Disney’s 2010 animated feature film Tangled as a supporting character. He is the commander of the Corona royal guard, which is in charge of defending the realm from criminals and thieves. Maximus, his palace horse, is usually by his sides.
When the kingdom’s most wanted bandit is taken hostage by Rapunzel, a teen with 70 feet of golden hair who’s looking for her ticket out of the tower where she’s been locked away for years, the unlikely duo sets off on a hair-raising escapade.
Directors Nathan Greno, Byron Howard
Starring Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy
Genres Animation, Adventure, Kids
Subtitles English [CC]
Audio languages English, English [Audio Description]
We all know and love the story of Rapunzel. But, how much do you really know about her and the other characters in the story? In this blog post, I will share 30 little-known facts about Rapunzel and the other characters in her story. I hope you enjoy reading it!