The Lion King is one of the most beloved Disney movies of all time. Millions of people have seen it, and many more know the characters and story. But did you know… But how well do you really know it? Here are some surprising facts about Sarafina, one of the main characters in The Lion King. In this blog post, we’re going to take a look at some surprising facts about Sarafina, one of the most iconic characters from the movie. For starters, Sarafina was actually based on a real lioness.
Quick facts: Surprising Facts About Sarafina the Lion King
Voice actor: Zoe Leader
Main type: Official character
Used in a fan creation? : Used in a fan creation
Permission to use: Public
Character details: Medium details
Main color: Yellow
Animal/Human type: Lion
Surprising Facts About Sarafina the Lion King
The Lion King is one of the most beloved Disney movies of all time. But how well do you really know it? Here are some surprising facts about Sarafina, one of the main characters in The Lion King.
You may also like: The Lion King: 16 Things You Never Knew About Scar the Lion King
- Sarafina refers as “bright star” in Swahili and “seraphim” in Italian.
- Sarafina had a kid named Mheetu in early drafts of The Lion King, in addition to Nala.
- Shenzi says Banzai in the Broadway production “Chow Down” that Nala’s mother (Sarafina) ate Banzai’s father.
- Sarafina’s name is never mentioned in the film, but it is revealed at the end credits.
“Hmm. What are your thoughts, Sarabi? “Sarafina’s sole statement in the film – was
- Sarafina is voiced by Penny Johnson Jerald in the film’s version. Although she is referred to be Sarafina in this film, her name was spelled “Serafina” in the remake’s novelization and “Sarafina” in the end credits. Sarafina has more than one speaking line in this remake, although she only had one speaking line in the cartoon version.
- Sarafina was born in the wild and spent her early months living in the Kruger National Park in South Africa
- Sarafina was voiced by Whoopi Goldberg in the original Disney movie.
- The character was based on a real-life lioness named Sakina, who was one of the first lionesses to live in Kenya’s Masai Mara National Reserve.
- Sarafina is not given a lot of screen time in The Lion King, but she does have an important role in the movie.
- According to director Rob Minkoff, Sarafina is “the heart of the story.”
- The filmmakers were inspired by Sakoma to create Sarafina in The Lion King.
- Sakoma was one of the lions who protected David Livingstone from hyenas
- Sakoma was a member of the prides in the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania
- Sarafina was originally called Naanda and was intended to be Sarabi’s younger sister. However, because Simba and Nala are maternal first cousins, this would have resulted in incest, therefore Sarafina was portrayed as Sarabi’s friend rather than sister, and Mufasa was no longer suggested as her mate.
- Sarafina was based on a real lioness named Sakoma
- Sarafina’s name means “I have born again.
- Sarafina also has a very important role in the movie. She is the one who teaches Simba about life and the Circle of Life.
- Finally, Sarafina is not just a supporting character.
- She was eventually captured and taken to a zoo, where she lived for two years before being transferred to a wildlife sanctuary.
- lion king Nala mom is lion king sarafina
- Sarafina is seeming as Sarabi bathes Simba, where she also bathes her daughter Nala. Sarafina allows her daughter to play with Simba after a bath, but Simba’s mother insists on Zazu’s assistance in protecting the cubs from harm. Sarafina is subsequently shown weeping among the other lionesses during Scar’s message to the Pride Lands that Mufasa and Simba perished together in a wildebeest stampede, leaving the hyena clan to inhabit the Pride Lands as Sarafina warns her daughter to stay away from them. Her destiny, as in the animated version, remains unclear.
- She like Nala as an adult, having the same eyes and a similar coloring body.
Sarafina the lion king - the Lioness
lion king Sarafina is a minor character in the film, appearing just briefly and speaking only once. Little is known about her background, except that she married with an unknown lion, with whom she produced a daughter named Nala. she is lion king Nala’s mom. However, because Nala is said to be betrothed to Simba as part of a long-standing custom, she must have agreed to the marriage at some time. Specifically, this custom is similar to an arrangement found among the Basotho people of South Africa, in which a child is promised to a family in the same way as cattle are exchanged.
You may also like: The Lion King 2 Simba’s Pride We Are One (From Simba’s Pride ) facts
Physical appearance of sarafina lion king
lion king Sarafina resembles her daughter Nala, looking like a somewhat darker cream-colored lioness. She is, however, less flexible than Nala and has a more solid body similar to Sarabi’s. Her eyes are naturally green, and her snout is reddish-pink. Her ears are light brown on the inside, and her tail tuft is dark brown. Her muzzle and underbelly are a brighter cream hue than the rest of her body, and her paws, like her daughter, aren’t lighter. Her fur is short and smooth, and she has a light brown paw print tattoo on her left shoulder.
Sarafina - Pride & Prejudice - the lion king
lion king Sarafina is initially seen resting within Pride Rock with the other lionesses, having Nala in her paws when Simba arrives to wake up Mufasa. Later that day, when visiting Sarabi, she is spotted washing Nala. When Nala requests permission to join Simba at the watering hole, she consults Sarabi. Sarafina agrees to let the two cubs go when Sarabi grants her permission.
Later, she appears alongside Sarabi, Nala, Zazu, and the rest of the pride in grief when Scar informs them that both Mufasa and Simba were killed in a stampede. Sarafina and the Pride watch in terror as Scar, after becoming King, allows hyenas into the Pride Lands. She does not appear again after that. As a result, her destiny is unclear. Though it is probable that she assisted Simba, Sarabi, and Nala in their fight against Scar and the Hyenas and attended the birth of Simba and Nala’s kid.
You may also like: The Lion King Scar and Mufasa – Mufasa and Scar Weren’t Brothers
Sarafina, Sarabi's Daughter
Sarafina is voiced by Penny Johnson Jerald in the film’s version. Although she is referred to be Sarafina in this film, her name was spelled “Serafina” in the remake’s novelization and “Sarafina” in the end credits. Sarafina has more than one speaking line in this remake, although she only had one speaking line in the animated version.
Later, she appears alongside Sarabi, Nala, Zazu, and the rest of the pride in grief when Scar informs them that both Mufasa and Simba were killed in a stampede. Sarafina and the Pride watch in terror as Scar, after becoming King, allows hyenas into the Pride Lands. She does not appear again after that. As a result, her destiny is unclear. Though it is probable that she assisted Simba, Sarabi, and Nala in their fight against Scar and the Hyenas and attended the birth of Simba and Nala’s kids.
Sarafina and Nala
Sarafina’s daughter is Nala. Sarafina is really concerned about Nala. She bathes her and shields her from harm. Simba asked Sarabi what she thought about going to the Watering Hole. Sarafina consoles her daughter when Scar informs them that Simba and Mufasa have left.
Simba, Sarafina, and Scar
Sarafina’s son-in-law is Simba. Because Simba was pals with Nala, Sarafina known him when he was a youngster. She was heartbroken when she realized Simba had died in the stampede alongside Mufasa. Sarafina may have assisted Scar and his hyenas despite the fact that she did not appear again.
Scar and Sarafina
Sarafina dislikes Scar since he was an evil king. She was likewise in mourning with the other lionesses when Scar said Mufasa and Simba were killed in the stampede. Scar let hyenas into the Pride Lands after becoming King, which startled her. Sarafina may have assisted in the last battle against Scar and his hyenas when Scar revealed that he had slain Mufasa.
Additional Resources : Surprising Facts About Sarafina the Lion King
Learn more about the List of About Sarafina the Lion King by visiting – Sarafina – Disney Wiki – Fandom
Find out more about facts: The Lion King Sarafina – Sarafina – The Lion King Wiki – Fandom